Hundreds of investors lost millions of dollars while clients of Morgan Stanley's Ridgeland, Mississippi office between 2008 and 2012. These investors's accounts were managed by Steve Wyatt and Hilary Zimmerman. We now represent or have represent 53 of these individual clients who lost from a few thousand dollars to millions of dollars.
Working with Judson Lee of Madison, Mississippi and Joe Peiffer of New Orleans, both of whom are experience securities litigation lawyers, we have filed eight cases against Morgan Stanley on behalf of the investors who are our clients.
To date, we have been all the way through arbitration hearing on three cases and have settled three others. In those six cases every client received a return of a portion of his or her losses. Two other cases are pending.
In the most recent case, an award was issued by the arbitration panel on July 24, 2015 with a total award to four investors of $2.5 million. The award included compensatory damages, punitive damages, attorney fees, interest and costs. This case is making headlines:
- Wall Street Journal - July 28, 2015: Morgan Stanley Told to Pay More Than $2.3 Million in Arbitration Case Firm accused of unauthorized trading and other misdeeds by brokers in Jackson, Miss.-area branch
- Investment News - July 28, 2015: Morgan Stanley ordered to pay $2.4M arbitration award over former broker's trades. Steven Mark Wyatt was let go from the firm in 2012, but his actions continue to be the subject of cases against the top wirehouse
- Law360 - July 29, 2015: Morgan Stanley Owes $2.5M Over Trader Supervision
- Clarion Ledger - July 29, 2015: Local investors win 2.5 million against Morgan Stanley
- Wealth Adviser Daily Briefing - July 30, 2015: Morgan Stanley slapped with more than $2 million fine
- Financial Advisor IQ - July 30, 2015: FA Misdeeds: Merrill, Morgan Stanley Brokers Get the Boot
- Bill Singer's Broke and Broker - August 5, 2015: Morgan Stanley Hit With Punitive Damages In Customer Arbitration
- Mississippi Litigation Review and Commentary - August 5, 2015: $2.5 Million FINRA Arbitration Verdict for Mishandling Investment Brokerage Account
To prosecute these cases, we allege wrongdoing by Wyatt and Zimmerman and the failure of Morgan Stanley to supervise them and protect their clients.
If you want to read the actual awards that are posted on the FINRA web site, CLICK HERE. (FINRA is the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, the organization that regulates the brokerage industry.)
If you were a client of Morgan Stanley between December 2007 and July 2012 and your brokers were Steve Wyatt and/or Hilary Zimmerman and you lost money, we may be able to help you recover some or all your losses. Call us to discuss your situation [601-351-3339]. Or if you prefer, email us and we will contact you (email@example.com).